May 2, 2011

Working Holidays in Ireland

If you want to live in Ireland for up to a year and you are a young person (aged 18 to 30) from Argentina, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand or the Republic of Korea.  - You can apply for a  Working Holiday Authorisation (WHA).

These Irish Working Holiday schemes are intended for use by young adults who wish to stay in Ireland for an extended holiday and who may work casually in order to fund their stay.

Young people from  Argentina aged 18-30 who want to  come to Ireland should visit the website of the Embassy of Ireland in Buenos Aires for further information.

Australian citizens aged 18-30 can apply at the Embassy of Ireland in Canberra , 

Canadian citizens who are full-time third-level students students, or who are aged between 18 and 35 can travel to Ireland for a Working Holiday. Those interested should contact Student Work Abroad Programme, Ca  .  here.


For further information on the Working Holiday scheme for Hong Kong see the website site of Ireland's Honorary Consulate in Hong Kong.

 Young Japanese people to visit Ireland for an extended period of up to one year and to work and study while here. Young Irish people can also visit Japan as part of this programme. For further information visit the website of the Embassy of Ireland in Tokyo.

For further information about the scheme  visit the website of Ireland's Honorary Consulate in Auckland.

South Korea
Citizens of the Republic of Korea who are between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) can travel to Ireland for a working holiday for a period of up to 12 months.    For further information on working holidays in Ireland visit the website of the Irish Embassy in Seoul at 

No comments: